5 Keys to Fantastic Health
Your body has requirements it must have filled in order to function. Not unlike suffocating, the body will usually show signs that it isn’t getting what it needs. Our requirements are all the same only the quantity will vary between individuals.
Below are the 5 vital necessities that a healthy body has to have in order to be functioning at its best. The wonderful thing about this list is that most of us know these. They lay intrinsically in our make-up. We crave these when we require them. Listen to your body and not your head is my biggest advice. Your body innately knows what to do.
In no particular order:
1. Good Exercise. “90% of the stimulation and nutrition to the brain is created by movement of the spine” – Dr Roger Sperry. We all know exercise is vital for a healthy body. Now the research is catching up to what we have always held true. Sitting is the new smoking for your health. Sitting at school, on the couch, at work, all this is totally against our natural function and design, greater than 6hours seated per day increases your mortality. “Sitting to the spine is like sugar to the teeth, it causes decay and dysfunction”. So move it.
2. Quality Nutrition. Have you heard the phrase “you are what you eat”? we have always known that nutrition plays an important part to health, afterall it makes up our fuel, our building blocks for the body we are given to live our life in. and for so long we have looked to the “food pyramid” for the answers. The experts saying that we need to fuel our selves on carbohydrates, limiting fats and meats. Yet, there is more diabetes, more heart problems and cancer than ever in our history. Why? So do your research and find out what’s good. Hint: if it comes in a package or has an ingredient list- it is not food.
3. Goodnight. Sleep tight. Rest, because we don’t actively do anything but lay in a bed- we often neglect this part of life, we see it as a waste of time- an inconvenience which must be “done” quickly and without thought. We watch TV well into the night, lay in bed looking at phones and books, until we can but only just keep our eyes open. Sleeping with our electronics by our heads only to be woken less than 7 hours later by the abrupt squawks from our alarms. So be mindful of your sleep patterns- they are important.
4. Its in your head, man! If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten. Our mental/ emotional self being in healthy condition is absoulty important for good health. Having goals, nurturing relationships, spending time on your mental self reaps massive rewards. Take the time to invest in your mental health and your life will grow in its breadth and width as a result. So set goals, change, grow and love your life.
5. Essential power. Your brain controls your entire body and all its functions. Every single one of your 3 trillion cells is influenced by your brain- it makes sense to keep this vital communication network functioning at its best. Chiropractors are trained to analyse and correct any dysfunction in the spine which is effecting the nervous system negatively. So get your spine checked by a chiropractor.
Your bodies requirements being met you will enjoy the health and life you want, that you deserve. Start by adding things to your lifestyle, not cutting things out. Enjoy the change. Embrace it.